Choice Paralysis? Let This Tool Help!
January 12, 2015 (Board Games)
Having trouble deciding what game to play out of your large collection of board games? We’ve found a useful tool that uses your BoardGameGeek listed board game collection to help you decide what to play.
Simply head over to boardgamemenu.com. After typing in the number of players you have and your BGG username, it’ll generate a list of games for you to play in the style of a restaurant’s menu. If you try a few times, you’ll see different styles of menus. Try making some errors too and you’ll get some pretty flavourful messages!
If you’re stopping by the store to demo some games but not sure which one, you can input username “PlayersWanted” (without the quotes) and you’ll get a menu of games that’ll help you decide what to play! Hopefully it makes your decision a little easier. You can see our full list of demo games if you’re curious about that too.
Coup – Tutorial and Common Mistakes
December 29, 2014 (Board Games)
We’ve recently had the board game Coup flying off the shelves so we looked for content that might help you get the most out of your game. We also have a demo copy in our store if you’re interested in trying it out. Hopefully this helps in running your games more smoothly!
Common rules clarifications:
* If you Assassinate someone > someone challenges you > you do not reveal an Assassin (and thus lose an influence), you get to take your three coins back.
* If you are being Assassinated > you challenge that she has an Assassin > she reveals an Assassin, you proceed to lose your influence. However, you can still claim to have a Contessa to block the assassination should you have an influence remaining. Losing the challenge does not mean you automatically lose both influence!
* If you use the Ambassador’s Exchange action, you take two cards from the Court Deck and then decide which two cards you wish to put back. You do this even if you only have one influence left.
* If you block the Extortion action, you must claim which character you are using to block the action with.
* If you challenge someone using the Extortion action against you and lose your last influence because of that challenge, they still get to steal two coins from you. Afterwards you move all your coins back to the Treasury.
Board Game Demos? We Have Them!
September 28, 2014 (Board Games)
We’ve finally gotten around to indexing what board game demos we have at the store. Come in and enjoy them in our play space! Without further ado, we have the following board games available for your perusal:
Dungeons & Dragons: Lords of Waterdeep
Dungeons & Dragons: Scoundrels of Skullport
DC Comics Deck Building: Heroes Unite
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards
Game of Thrones
Last Night on Earth
Naruto Shippuden Deck Building
Pixel Tactics 3
Race for the Galaxy
Sail to India
Say Bye to the Villains
Settlers of Catan
Shadows Over Camelot
Street Fighter Deck Building
The Stars are Right
Ticket to Ride
Tsuro of the Seas