Coup – Tutorial and Common Mistakes
December 29, 2014 (Board Games)
We’ve recently had the board game Coup flying off the shelves so we looked for content that might help you get the most out of your game. We also have a demo copy in our store if you’re interested in trying it out. Hopefully this helps in running your games more smoothly!
Common rules clarifications:
* If you Assassinate someone > someone challenges you > you do not reveal an Assassin (and thus lose an influence), you get to take your three coins back.
* If you are being Assassinated > you challenge that she has an Assassin > she reveals an Assassin, you proceed to lose your influence. However, you can still claim to have a Contessa to block the assassination should you have an influence remaining. Losing the challenge does not mean you automatically lose both influence!
* If you use the Ambassador’s Exchange action, you take two cards from the Court Deck and then decide which two cards you wish to put back. You do this even if you only have one influence left.
* If you block the Extortion action, you must claim which character you are using to block the action with.
* If you challenge someone using the Extortion action against you and lose your last influence because of that challenge, they still get to steal two coins from you. Afterwards you move all your coins back to the Treasury.
Boxing Day Sale 2014
December 22, 2014 (PW Updates)
We’d like to inform you of our Boxing Day sale! The details are below:
* Get 20% off select items. Stock is limited!
* Get 10% off the rest of the items in store except on HeroClix singles and collectible card game products (such as Magic: The Gathering booster packs).
* We’ll be open 3 hours earlier, making our hours 10 am – 9pm on Boxing Day. Hopefully this gives you a little more time to shop!
* Spend $20 or more before tax and gain an achievement experience bonus! For the next 30 days, every day you earn an achievement will get you a bonus 50 exp!
If you don’t know about our achievements system, it’s part of our loyalty program where we reward you for participating in our community events.
We hope to see you drop by. Happy Boxing Day shopping!
2014 Holiday Hours
December 18, 2014 (PW Updates)
With Christmas week coming around it’s a good time to let you know our holiday hours! You can find them below:
Dec 24th, 2014 – 12-5pm
Dec 25th, 2014 – Closed
Dec 31st, 2014 – 12-5pm
Jan 1st, 2015 – Closed
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any feedback or concerns!
Players Wanted Supports Killarney Secondary School Gaming Club
December 10, 2014 (PW Updates)
As a company whose mission is to bring together and celebrate gamers of all sorts, we were happy to help one of our regular community members, Matteo, start a gaming club at Killarney Secondary School! We’re proud of his initiative in sharing his love of gaming to many other students and have supported it by donating to his club a deck building board game, some Magic: The Gathering decks, and lending an XBox 360 console!
We’ll be continually cheering the club on and wish it even more success! You can check out an article on the club on the VSB website.
Staff Christmas Party
December 5, 2014 (PW Updates)
Just a quick note that we’ll be closing at 6pm instead of 9pm on Monday, December 8th for our first Christmas staff party. Unfortunately that means we won’t be hosting Monday Night Magic that day. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!